Who has the time to read blog posts these days? Especially when there are smarter and more convenient ways to consume content online?
More and more people are watching videos and tuning into their favorite podcasts…
But, the good news is that people still read blog posts.
In fact, according to this article, 77% of internet users regularly read blog posts. Phew, I hear you say…
Even so, if you want your readers to keep coming back, or even subscribe, or just recall something remarkable that they read on your blog, you have to make each and every single post count.
So, in not so many words, how do you delight your readers with every blog post you put out?
- Don’t save the best til last – If there’s something truly awesome that you cannot wait to share with your blogging community, don’t wait til the last paragraph to write about it. Some of your readers may not even get that far. Heck, throw it out there in the first few lines that you write. Give them the meaty bits right away. No one likes to wait.
- Tell your story – People enjoy reading stories that they can relate to. As long as the story is relevant and fitting with the topic of the post you are writing, of course. Got something you really want to share? Go to town on it and don’t be shy.
- Share an awesome statistic – Everyone loves reading about the latest and greatest stats on anything these days. We live in a data-driven world. The great thing about sharing a cool statistic is that it sticks in people’s minds. Again, if it’s relevant and suitable to add to your blog post, then do it.
- Reel them into the conversation – Regardless of where you want to promote engagement; your blog or social media. Share your thoughts, and then ask your readers for theirs. Get your readers/viewers/listeners invovled by letting them share their ideas, opinions, and experiences. After all, that’s what blogging and building a community is all about, right?
- Make their reading experience a good one – I keep going on about this one, I know, but I’ll say it again. No one likes to digest big chunks of boring text! I certainly don’t. Chuncks of boring text makes a blog post look untidy and uninviting. So, firstly, make sure your blog design looks nice. Secondly, and more importantly, make sure you’re formatting your blog post for optimal reading experience. Make your content interesting and beautiful, here’s how.
- Add some human element – I can’t begin to tell you how many blog posts I’ve come across and read that sounded like it was written by some robot. The best way, without a doubt, to delight your readers in your blog posts is to add that all-important human element. It could be something simple like the way you greet or sign off. It could be some mild humour that you throw into your post from time to time. Don’t be afraid to create your audience persona too. Be known for doing something cool on your blog that seperates you from others.
So, what do you say! Got what it takes to do all of the things above?
Of course, you do! Now go delight your readers and make your blog truly amazing.
P.s. Need to start planning your blogging strategy for the next three, six, or twelve months? Check out my Ultimate Pro Blog Planner workbook here!